You’ll love how simple, delicious, and healthy this dish is!
Print Recipe Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad
Servings: 6 people
- 3 boneless, skinless, organic chicken breasts
- 2 lemons
- A few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- An assortment of herbs (I used fresh dill, parsley and dried oregano)
- Fresh salad greens (I used romaine hearts, red leaf, and arugula)
- ½ lb crumbled feta cheese
- A dozen or so olives
- A dozen small heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 2 dozen haricots verts (approx.), blanched in boiling water for 30 seconds
- Place your chicken on a large cutting board and cut it in half horizontally to butterfly it. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken, and pound it until it is very thin with a meat mallet.
- Marinate chicken in a few tablespoons of olive oil, a generous amount of salt and pepper, the juice of 1 lemon, and some fresh, roughly chopped herbs. Set aside while you compose the rest of the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the other salad ingredients and toss lightly with your hands.
- In a stovetop grill pan, grill chicken in 2 batches until done and nicely charred with grill marks. On a clean cutting board, slice chicken in diagonal slices.
- Drizzle some lemon juice and a little extra virgin olive oil over the salad, and season with a little salt and pepper. Toss well. Top salad with sliced chicken and more fresh herbs, and serve.