If you love pecans, you’ll fall in love with this recipe. Growing up surrounded by pecan trees in Texas, these cookies were a way of life!
If you have extra pecans, place one on top of each cookie before baking. It’ll look pretty that way, I promise!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and salt.
- With mixer on low, gradually add flour, beating just until combined. Fold in pecans.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on 2 baking sheets, about 2 to 2 1/2 inches apart. With the palm of your hand, lightly flatten each ball.
- Bake cookies until golden brown, about 15 to 17 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Transfer to wire racks, and let cool.