Print Recipe Holiday Toffee
Servings: 8 people
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet, or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a small sauce pan add the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Begin cooking toffee over medium heat, while stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Simmer the mixture for 7 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- In a large sheet tray, lay out parchment or wax paper.
- Spread out almonds, and cranberries.
- When toffee is a golden brown, pour over nuts, and spread it evenly.
- Pour chocolate over the hot toffee, and spread around until melted.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When ready, break the toffee into medium size pieces, and serve.
- Keep toffee refrigerated.