I know we’ve written about pickling before; so why again? But, it’s because I love this quick pickle method and its such an easy way to make vegetables taste zingy!
Here are a few new ideas.
We are pickling veggies every week here at FWF
It’s so colorful and delicious and a great snack.
BTW, you can use any vegetable… any!!!
Buy your Fall veggies from the local market and start pickling!
- 1 pound radish, carrots, or cauliflower
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 bay leaves
- Clean and thinly slice radish, carrots, or cauliflower.
- In a medium saucepan bring the vinegar, water, and seasoning to a boil for 5 minutes.
- In a clear 1-quart jar pack the thinly sliced vegetable until they are tightly stuffed.
- Pour the brine over the vegetables to cover completely.
- Let it cool, then cover and refrigerate.
- The longer you pickle the vegetable the better.