Print Recipe Pickling
- 1 pound radish, carrots, or cauliflower
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 bay leaves
- Clean and thinly slice radish, carrots, or cauliflower.
- In a medium saucepan bring the vinegar, water, and seasoning to a boil for 5 minutes.
- In a clear 1-quart jar pack the thinly sliced vegetable until they are tightly stuffed.
- Pour the brine over the vegetables to cover completely.
- Let it cool, then cover and refrigerate.
- The longer you pickle the vegetable the better.