Print Recipe Best Basic Guacamole
- 1/2 cup white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 each jalapeño, roughly chopped, seeds removed ( If you like it more spicy, leave in the seeds)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, cleaned, picked, and finely chopped
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 salt
- Combine white onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime and salt in the molcajete. If you don't have a molcajete, use a mortar and pestle or just mash in a bowl.
- Pound for 5 minutes or until it becomes a thick paste.
- Split the avocado in half, discard the pit, and scoop out the flesh.
- In a separate bowl add the avocado, mash and keep chunky.
- Combine the paste and avocado, mix well, taste for seasoning, and enjoy!