Print Recipe Branzino Provençal in Parchment
- 6 Branzino filets (1/2 pound each), skin on, trimmed, and pin bones removed
- Or 3 whole fish about a pound each. Ask your fish monger to clean
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary, sprigs removed and chopped
- 3 cups fresh fennel, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 lemons cut into rounds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Rosé wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Tear off a 12 inch piece of parchment paper. Lay the parchment on the baking sheet. Season the fish generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Sprinkle with rosemary, fennel, shallots, tomatoes, and capers. Place cut lemons over the fish and drizzle with olive oil and wine. Grab another sheet of parchment and place over the fish. Roll the edges until it creates a neat pocket .
- Place fish in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
- If using a whole fish, filet it and then serve and pour pan juices over the fish. Spoon all vegetables over the fish.
Highly recommend, great for easy entertaining