Here is the easiest way to reach your fiber goal everyday. These simple chickpea snacks, there better then goldfish – and healthier. You can make them for the kids, or to just keep around in the house for you to snack on. Takes 10 minutes, and cheaper then any bag of chips you will find these days.
- 2 cans, garbanzo beans
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon aleppo pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 Salt
- 2 Avocado oil, or oil of your choice
- 1 Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Drain all the liquid from the garbanzo beans and rinse thoroughly
- Most people will tell you to pick off the skin from every bean, but not for this recipe
- In a large bowl mix the chickpeas with curry, garlic powder, aleppo peppers, and enough oil to coat the beans.
- Lay out parchment paper on a large sheet tray.
- Coat the sheet tray with olive oil
- Spread chickpeas evenly on the sheet tray. Do not over crowd the sheet tray, giving the beans enough room to brown, instead of steaming
- Sprinkle salt on the beans, and roast in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let chickpeas cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.