Print Recipe Coconut Magic Bars
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1½ cups coarse graham cracker crumbs, preferably low-fat
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk, skim or low fat
- 6 ounces (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 3 ½-ounce can sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup (4 ounces) coarsely chopped pecans
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F (325°F if you are using a glass baking dish).
- In a 9-by-9-inch pan, melt the butter in the oven. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the melted butter. Drizzle the condensed milk evenly over the crumbs. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the condensed milk. Scatter the coconut over the chocolate chips and sprinkle the nuts over the coconut.
- Bake until the filling is bubbling and the edges are lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a rack before cutting. Makes about 16.