If you’ve ever seen Dr. Daryl on TV, being interviewed, he speaks a lot about his admiration for Kelly Ripa who swears by this way of life. For his success stories, it’s all about balance and moderation, which is perfect for me because I need to have some chocolate – and wine in my life!
You won’t believe how easy it is to make and it’s a great option for the kids! Most parents know how tricky it is to have a home full of snacks that are healthy for everyone – this is definitely a great way to do that.
- 2 cups almond or coconut or hemp milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 20 drops Medicine Flower Vanilla)
- Blend everything EXCEPT the chia in blender until thoroughly mixed (40-60 seconds).
- Then on lowest variable speed 1, add chia, and blend on low speed for one minute to mix chia. Add into an airtight container, and refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving.
- Optional: Garnish with cinnamon, unsweetened coconut flakes, chocolate shavings, or hemp seeds.