There are cocktails that you make for a cozy night in, like my hot cider-mulled wine, and there are cocktails that give you a little pep to your step. The beloved espresso martini is one of those drinks that gets your night started! My version of this time-honored classic will wake you up in the most indulgent and chocolatey way possible.
Yes the espresso martini is having a comeback moment, but if you ask me, it never went out of style! When I create a signature cocktail, I always go all out. Life is too short to make a boring cocktail! For my espresso martini, I make a quick chocolate sauce for my rim and it makes all of the difference.
My espresso martini wouldn’t be complete without a little extra texture on the rim. Luckily, I found some dark chocolate-covered espresso beans in my pantry and I knew they would be the perfect addition to this dessert cocktail!
- 1/4 cup Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/2 cup Dark chocolate espresso beans
- 3 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces espresso
- 2 ounces Godiva Chocolate liqueur
- Heat a medium saucepan with 2-3 inches water over medium high heat. Place a glass bowl on top of saucepan and add chocolate, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
- While the water simmers, stir ingredients together as they melt. The key is to melt the chocolate slowly.
- Pulse espresso malt balls in food processor until you're left with small crumbles. Pour out crumbs onto a flat surface.
- Pour chocolate sauce onto a plate or flat surface and dip the rim of your martini glass into sauce. Then dip martini glass into malt ball crumbs.
- Into a cocktail shaker, add ice, Godiva liqueur, vodka, and espresso. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds and pour into chocolate-rimmed glasses to serve!
You can expect to get buzzed with this one! Imagine your favorite iced mocha latte taken to a boozy and luxurious level. I don’t think i’ll ever get tired of this espresso martini recipe. Be careful, these are highly addictive! I hope you’ll try this recipe and let me know what you think in the comments section below.