Everyone needs a signature dish, and for me it’s my old roast chicken! It’s one of the first things I learned to cook and it’s such a staple in my kitchen that I have a twist for each season. Take it for a spin in your own kitchen!
Print Recipe Herbed Goat Cheese Roast Chicken
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Purée
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole roasting chicken, liver and other inside parts removed
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the goat cheese, roasted garlic purée, 1 tablespoon of rosemary, 1 tablespoon of parsley, ½ tablespoon of herbes de provence, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the chicken on a sheet pan and flip it breast side down. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the chicken, as well as 1 tablespoon of rosemary, 1 tablespoon of parsley, and ½ tablespoon of herbes de Provence. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over the bottom of the chicken as well, then flip over the chicken so it is breast side up.
- Stuff the goat cheese mixture under skin above the chicken breasts, using it completely. Then sprinkle the remaining herbs over the top of the chicken, along with the remaining olive oil and more salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Carve and serve hot. Makes 1 whole Roast Chicken, serving 2-4.