Hi friends! While the world is full of chaos right now, the one thing that always calms me down in a crisis is cooking. I hope that my blog post this week can give your eyes a little break from the stress out there and comfort you and your stomach.
Cooking is a safe way to avoid crowds and have fun while you’re cooped up inside. When I feel like I need some nourishment, sometimes my mind goes straight to thinking about a juicy piece of meat. The ingredient list is simple and if you can find a nice piece of sirloin, ribeye, filet or porterhouse at the store, grab it while you can! Cooking a steak is so easy. Watch my video to learn how.
For another guide on prepping meat, check out this article by my friends over at Seriously Smoked! It’ll come in handy once the weather gets warmer and people start grilling outside.
I like to keep it simple with a little rosemary, garlic and olive oil. I also like to finish off my steak with a pat of butter because WHY NOT. If you’re going to stay in, you might as well enjoy yourself. Break out your favorite bottle of red wine and have yourself a cozy night.
- 1 Ribeye steak or porterhouse, strip, etc.
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Drizzle steak (should be at room temp) with olive oil. Rub steak with chopped garlic and rosemary leaves and let sit for a half hour to an hour.
- Remove rosemary and garlic from steak and season both sides with a generous amount of salt and freshly cracked pepper. Heat skillet to medium/high heat and add butter with a drizzle of olive oil until it starts to bubble.
- Add your steak to the pan and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Add rosemary and garlic back into the pan for extra flavor. Remove steak from heat and let rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Now, I know some of you may have seen on my Instagram that I’m postponing my cabaret show for the safety of everyone. I don’t have a new date yet, but I will keep you all posted when we finalize the details. In the meantime, let’s keep cooking! I’ll be right here with all of your favorite food content.