I made this easy Moroccan couscous. It’s incredibly delicious and I think the key is the brand of couscous that I use, called M’Hamsa Hand-rolled Couscous. You can buy it at Whole Foods or here is the link to purchase it online.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1½ cups water, or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons unshelled pistachio, crushed
- 2 tablespoons mint, chiffonade
- 2 salt, to taste
- Heat olive oil, in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic, and shallot.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add couscous, turmeric and salt, stir until the couscous is a bright yellow color.
- Add water or stock, cook with lid on, for 15 minutes or until the couscous has absorbed all the water.
- Serve the couscous in a bowl, and garnish with pistachio, and fresh mint!
- Enjoy this simple but delicious side dish with any chicken, steak, or vegetable entree.