Print Recipe Parmesan Polenta
- 3½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup polenta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Chives, finely chopped for garnish
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the stock with the bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a strong simmer over high heat and slowly (carefully because it will spit at you) add the polenta, whisking constantly. Reduce the heat to low, stirring often with a large wooden spoon, until the polenta thickens, about 25 minutes.
- Add the butter and Parmesan and stir until melted. Adjust seasoning to taste, garnish with chives, and serve right away.