A few weeks ago, I co-hosted a party with a friend in the Hamptons. We both shared cooking duties, but he did the dessert. Let me tell you, it was so simple but so delicious. The large group of 80 guests loved it! He roasted peaches, served them on a platter with the cooking juices, and topped peaches off with ice cream. The whole platter was gone in minutes. Usually, I’m not a big dessert person, but this dessert was so easy, and incredibly delicious that I couldn’t help but love it. I am also a sucker for any warm dessert topped with cool ice cream. Really, who isn’t?
There’s nothing better than a juicy peach at the end of the summer- simply divine. And it is the season for stone fruit! While the summer heat is still blazing, I’m always on the hunt for simple and delicious recipes that I can use when I entertain that don’t require a lot of effort, time, or standing over a hot pan and this dish was a winner. Sorry, Alan, but I just had to steal this idea and make a recipe for myself!
To spice my peaches up, I added lemon juice for a little zing and some cinnamon and vanilla extract for a little extra flavor! This, combined with the cooked maple syrup makes for the most delicious sauce. I would eat it alone or as an ice cream topping it is THAT GOOD.
- 7 ripe peaches
- 1 stick of butter cut into 14 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- vanilla ice cream
- granola optional
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Cut peaches in half and carefully remove the pit using a spoon. When peaches have been de-pitted, lay them skin side down in a deep pie dish.
- Taking the cut butter, lay 1 piece in the hole of each peach. Liberally pour maple syrup over the peaches, along with the vanilla extract. Sprinkle peaches with cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Finish by juicing the lemon over the peaches.
- Place baking dish in the oven for 30 minutes, or until peaches are tender. Remove dish from oven and serve immediately.
- Serve individual peach halves on a dish with some of the cooking sauce the peaches and maple syrup made and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Crunchy granola optional.