This light and fresh pistachio-crusted lemon sole comes out tender, crunchy and flavorful every time. With the crunchiness from the panko breadcrumbs, the nuttiness from the pistachios, the earthiness from the za’atar and the tanginess from the Dijon mustard, you’ll have the perfect bite.
- 1 1/2 cups pistachios, shelled
- 2 tablespoons za'atar
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 lemon sole fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, for pan
- In a food processor, pulse pistachios, za'atar, and breadcrumbs until coarsely ground. Season with salt. Place mixture in a large shallow dish.
- Place 1/2 cup dijon in another large shallow dish. Using a spatula, coat each fillet with a thin layer of mustard.
- Working in batches, place fillets in pistachio mixture, coating them thoroughly on all sides.
- Transfer dredged fillets into refrigerator to chill for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat small amount of oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook fish on first side 4-5 minutes, or until golden-brown. Flip and cook opposite side until crust is golden and fish is cooked through.
- Serve with greens and lemon slices and enjoy!