Another dish that I made for Mama Gena! This is a simple way to add a punch to your black beans. It’s great for a taco, for a salad, or on top of a chili! They hold well, too! So you can make a batch and stick them into recipes throughout your week. Beans are a great and healthy source of protein!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground cumin
- 2 cans fire roasted chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans organic black beans
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Sauté onions and garlic for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add cumin and sauté.
- Add tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes then add black beans, chili spice, salt and pepper.
- Let simmer on stove for 15 minutes to 20 minutes until beans are thick. Remove from heat.
- Add fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro before serving.