As I savor the last few days of 2015, I have so much to be grateful for, and I’m sure that you do as well. As a yearly ritual, I make a list of all my gratefuls for the past year. It feels so good to acknowledge those around me and to even acknowledge myself. To begin, I’m so grateful to all of you who read my blog and comment on it. Thanks for your participation in my life and for Flirting with Flavors. For my last blogpost of 2015 I created a festive New Year’s drink recipe a few years ago. I think you’ll enjoy this Raspberry Sparkler. It’s is a perfect way to toast 2015 and bring in the New Year 2016.
Here is the recipe and video.
Happy New Year’s to you all!!
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bottle of Prosecco or Champagne
- In a bowl add raspberry and sugar
- Muddle the raspberry for two minutes until broken down
- Let the raspberry sit for 10 minutes
- Strain the raspberry through a fine strainer by passing a spoon through the raspberry to collect about a cup of puree
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of raspberry puree per flute
- Fill glass with prosecco or champagne