Print Recipe Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple-Walnut Butter
- ⅔ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons genuine maple syrup
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the walnuts, butter, maple syrup, a pinch of salt and a grinding of pepper. Hold at room temperature.
- On a jelly-roll pan, toss together the Brussels sprouts and oil. Season to taste lightly with salt and generously with pepper. Roast the Brussels sprouts, shaking the pan and rolling them around every 5 minutes to promote even cooking, until they are richly browned and tender, 20 to 25 minutes total.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to the bowl with the butter mixture and toss to mix. Serve hot.