Every home cook has their secret trick to making roasted potatoes perfectly crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside. My Roasted Rosemary Potatoes will have your whole kitchen filled with the aroma of fresh herbs in no time.
I have two tricks for you that will amp up your roasted potato game. ALWAYS spread your potatoes in an even layer on the sheet pan. Crowding the pan will cause them to steam and you won’t get that beautiful golden-brown crust. I also recommend adding chicken stock to the pan for the last 15 minutes of oven time. This adds a whole new layer of flavor to your rosemary potatoes, making them extra fluffy inside.
- 1 ½ lbs. baby potato medley Fingerlings, red new potatoes, baby purple, quartered or halved depending on size of each
- 4 teaspoons freshly chopped rosemary
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup unsalted chicken broth
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 500°F.
- Mix all of the ingredients aside from the chicken stock together in a bowl, and then spread out evenly on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Roast for 30 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through. Then add the stock to the pan and cook for 15 minutes more. Serve and enjoy!
I’d love to hear your secrets to roasted potatoes in the comments section below.