Print Recipe Shrimp & Pomegranate Guacamole
- 1/2 cup white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 each jalapeño, roughly chopped, if you like more spicy, add the seeds
- 1/2 cup cilantro, cleaned, picked, and finely chopped
- 1 whole pomegranate, seeded
- 5 whole large shrimp, cooked, peeled, and chopped
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- Combine white onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime and salt in the molcajete. If you don't have a molcajete, use a mortar and pestle.
- Mash for 5 minutes or until it becomes a thick paste.
- Split the avocado in half, discard the pit, and scoop out the flesh.
- In a separate bowl add the avocado, mash and keep chunky.
- Combine the paste, shrimp, pomegranate seeds, and avocado, mix well, taste for seasoning, and enjoy!