Besides elegance, great food, and plenty of fun, Flirting with Flavors parties all have one thing in common: a signature cocktail! Signature cocktails are fantastic—they give the evening a special touch that everyone remembers. Since the holidays are all about creating memories, it is the perfect time to introduce a signature cocktail to your Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, or even New Year’s menu.
When I catered events for Flavors Catering and Carry-Out, we would often do three to four holiday parties PER NIGHT! Even so, I always made sure each included a signature holiday cocktail. Let that be proof that you can always find the time to include one in your holiday get-together! It truly does add a level of elegance and sophistication that everyone appreciates.
However, we all know that entertaining for the holidays can be stressful, and the last thing you want to do is fuss over a complicated drink for each of your guests. That’s why this Ginger Pear Martini is so perfect— it can be made in a pitcher and kept in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve! Double, triple, or even quadrouple the recipe depending on the size of your party.
Ginger and pear— a quintessential fall flavor combo—make this drink sweet and slightly spicy. A touch of elderflower liqueur (St. Germaine) adds the perfect floral undertone. Feel free to add more or less simple syrup depending on how sweet you like your cocktails. Just be sure to make enough— this martini will go quickly!
Enjoy this delicious seasonal cocktail at your next party. I promise it will take the edge off the holidays!
- 1/2 cup ginger simple syrup, cooled
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 3 tablespoons St. Germain Liqueur
- 3 cups pear juice
- 6 pear slices, garnish
Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons piece ginger, peeled and shaved
Pear and Ginger Martini
- Place all the ingredients in a pitcher.
- Stir well, then chill in refrigerator.
- Pour into martini glasses.
- Garnish with pear slices.
- Alternatively, you can shake mixture in a cocktail shaker filled with ice to chill immediately.
Ginger Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan, add all ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain, and cool.