Print Recipe Strawberry Risotto
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup arborio rice
- ½ cup Nicole Miller Rosé Wine
- ½ cup mashed strawberries
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pour the stock into a pot and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium-sized pan over low heat, then add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until it is softened. Next, add the rice and cook, stirring frequently, until the grains are extremely hot to the touch.
- Add the wine and cook until it is 75% evaporated, then add in about ½ cup of the hot stock to the rice and cook, stirring, until it’s almost absorbed. Continue adding the stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring until each addition has been almost absorbed. This will take 18-20 minutes.
- Ten minutes before you finish cooking, add the mashed strawberries to the risotto. Once the risotto is finished, stir in the cream, grated parmesan, the last tablespoon of butter, and season with salt and freshly ground white pepper. Serve and garnish with the fresh basil leaves.
Sauté the onions
Toast the rice
Add the Rosé
Add the stock
Add the strawberry