Print Recipe Sunberry Jam
- 1 (16-ounce) bag unsweetened frozen strawberries, with their juices, or 2 ½ pints hulled, chunked fresh strawberries
- 1 (16-ounce) bag unsweetened frozen raspberries, with their juices, or 3 pints fresh raspberries, picked over
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserve
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups (about 6 ounces) dried sweet cherries
- 1 1/4 cups (about 6 ounces) dried cranberries
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a food processor, puree the strawberries and raspberries, leaving a few large pieces.
- In a heavy, medium-sized nonreactive saucepan over moderate heat, combine the pureed fruit, sugar, apricot preserves, orange juice and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer. Partially cover and cook, skimming any foam from the surface of the fruit and stirring occasionally, until beginning to thicken, about 10 minutes. Add the cherries and cranberries, partially cover and cook, stirring often, until the preserved are thick and the dried fruit is fairly tender, another 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon, vanilla, ginger and cloves. Transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before using. The jam will keep for at least 1 month.