If your a vegetarian but love a good sandwich then this recipe is for you. I love a good tuna salad, so I came up with the closest vegetarian thing to a tuna salad. By adding nori seaweed flakes to chickpeas you get the same texture, and flavor as a tuna-salad. You can use this recipe in a sandwich, on a salad, or with crackers.
- 2 cans organic chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons red onion
- 3 celery stalks
- 3 pickles
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 2 scallions
- 2 tablespoons nori seaweed flakes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dash Tabasco
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Sea salt
- 2 Freshly ground black pepper
- Drain chickpeas and place into a large bowl.
- Use a potato masher to mash the chickpeas, and break them up.
- Next, finely dice the onion, celery, dill, scallions, and pickle and add them to the chickpeas.
- Add the nori flakes, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Lastly, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Tabasco
- Mix to combine and taste for seasoning.
How to serve
- There are many ways to serve the tuna-less salad.
- Tuna-less sandwich with toasted bread, lettuce, tomato, and avocado.
- Tuna-less salad with bib lettuce, cherry tomatoes.