This is the most popular item at Vegan Divas, and with good reason.
The Vegan Diva’s Chocolate Mousse Parfait beautifully smooth mouthfeel of this mousse comes from a combination of high-quality chocolate, silky tofu and just a touch of canola oil. Fresh raspberries and a sprinkling of crunchy cacao nibs on top is the ideal finish for this indulgent dessert.
OR Buy The Vegan Diva Cookbook for the ultimate version!
Print Recipe Vegan Diva's Chocolate Mousse Parfait
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups (340 g/12 oz) vegan semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons (20 g/0.7 oz) canola oil
- 2 ½ 12.3-ounce packages (871 g/30.75 oz) Mori-Nu Silken Style Tofu, extra firm
- 1 cup (154 g/5.4 oz) Sucanat (see Sources, page 000)
- 1 ½ Tbsp (18 g/0.63 oz) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 tsp (1.125 g/0.04 oz) kosher salt
- 2 Vegan brownie crumbles, raspberries, and mini vegan chocolate chips for assembly
- Place the chocolate morsels and canola oil in a heatproof bowl and set the bowl over a saucepan half filled with barely simmering water.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the tofu, Sucanat, vanilla extract and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until very smooth, about 1 minute.
- With the food processor running, add the melted chocolate to the tofu mixture through the feed tube.
- Continue to process until blended, occasionally scraping down the sides of the work bowl, about 1 minute.
- Scrape the mousse into a medium bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving.
- To serve, pipe the mousse into elegant serving glasses, layer with chocolate brownie, another quote of mousse, another of brownie and garnish with fresh raspberries and chocolate chips.