This is the most popular item at Vegan Divas, and with good reason.
The Vegan Diva’s Chocolate Mousse Parfait beautifully smooth mouthfeel of this mousse comes from a combination of high-quality chocolate, silky tofu and just a touch of canola oil. Fresh raspberries and a sprinkling of crunchy cacao nibs on top is the ideal finish for this indulgent dessert.
OR Buy The Vegan Diva Cookbook for the ultimate version!
- 2 cups (340 g/12 oz) vegan semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons (20 g/0.7 oz) canola oil
- 2 ½ 12.3-ounce packages (871 g/30.75 oz) Mori-Nu Silken Style Tofu, extra firm
- 1 cup (154 g/5.4 oz) Sucanat (see Sources, page 000)
- 1 ½ Tbsp (18 g/0.63 oz) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 tsp (1.125 g/0.04 oz) kosher salt
- 2 Vegan brownie crumbles, raspberries, and mini vegan chocolate chips for assembly
- Place the chocolate morsels and canola oil in a heatproof bowl and set the bowl over a saucepan half filled with barely simmering water.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the tofu, Sucanat, vanilla extract and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until very smooth, about 1 minute.
- With the food processor running, add the melted chocolate to the tofu mixture through the feed tube.
- Continue to process until blended, occasionally scraping down the sides of the work bowl, about 1 minute.
- Scrape the mousse into a medium bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving.
- To serve, pipe the mousse into elegant serving glasses, layer with chocolate brownie, another quote of mousse, another of brownie and garnish with fresh raspberries and chocolate chips.