Print Recipe Watercress and Blood Orange Salad with Gorgonzola and Pine Nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 blood oranges
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oz. watercress
- 6 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 6-8 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Place the garlic, Dijon, honey, juice from 1 of the blood oranges, apple cider vinegar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Blend to combine, and then slowly drizzle in the olive oil with the motor still running. Taste and adjust seasoning. The dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Cut segments from the other two blood oranges. Start by slicing off the tops and bottoms of the oranges. Cut the peels off the oranges, slicing from top to bottom, making sure not to leave any of the white flesh on the oranges. Using a paring knife, carefully cut between each segment and the membranes, cutting just to the center of the orange. You will need to cut on either side of each segment, and then twist the knife slightly to take it out.
- Place the blood orange segments, watercress, pine nuts, and gorgonzola cheese in a salad bowl. Mix with as much of the dressing as you’d like. Serve immediately.