So get this… I was in L.A. in March and I was in an Uber going to the airport; as I was flying back to NYC. My uber driver was a lovely talkative woman at 6AM and we started chatting about health, wellness and cooking. She was a vegan and told me about this new way to make meringue with the liquid from canned chickpeas.
- 1 can chickpea liquid
- ½ cup sugar, organic
- In a large bowl start whipping the chickpea liquid, and sugar on medium speed for 5 minutes. The mixture should start changing color to white.
- Adjust the speed to high and whip for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick white and foamy consistency, almost meringue like, and sticks to the back of the spoon.
- Substitute aquafaba for fluff, meringue, or marshmallow and add it to baked goods for moist texture.
- 2 slices, Raisin bread toasted
- 6 tablespoons Hazelnut chocolate spread
- ½ cup Aquafaba
- 1 each banana, sliced
- 4 each strawberry, sliced
- 2 each strawberry, sliced
- Spread three tbsp of hazelnut chocolate spread on a slice of toasted raisin bread
- Spoon and smooth out 1/4 cup of aquafaba
- Gently place a few slices of banana and strawberry on the aquafaba
- Sprinkle with organic sugar
- Torch for one minute or until the sugar caramelizes and gives the fruit and aquafaba a caramel like color
- Enjoy this delicious vegan open faced sandwich