The walnuts in this salad give you protein and Omega-3s, the greens give you all of that great fiber, potassium, and vitamins that most think can only come from citrus fruits! Treat yourself to this tasty green treat!
Print Recipe Fennel Salad with Candied Walnuts
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- A few thin slices of red onion
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb of fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce, roughly torn
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- In a small skillet combine the walnuts and maple syrup. Cook over medium-low heat until the syrup starts to bubble, and then continue cooking another minute. Pour candied walnuts into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the red onion, radishes, fennel, and lettuce. Season with the black pepper to taste. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon over the salad. Toss well.
- Plate the salad on individual plates and top with the candied walnuts.