Traveling is Easy, Recovery is Hard!
The life of a world-traveling foodie is certainly glamorous! But, after months of eating whatever I want, I’m eternally grateful for the professionals out there who make it their life’s mission to help us gain control of our diets and our lives! Enter Dr. Daryl Gioffre.
Celebrity Nutritionist & Alkaline Diet Specialist
While in Morocco, I mentioned to my good friend Jill Zarin that I needed a Chiropractor and she put me in touch with Dr. Daryl. I soon discovered he’s also a well-known nutritionist to the stars with his plant-focused Alkaline diet! He even wrote a book on it!
A Collaboration in Health
After a chat with the good doctor, I decided to take his 7-day detox for a spin and I feel fabulous! We decided to get together in the kitchen last week to demo his wonderful recipes live on Facebook. We’ve received a lot of great feedback so far and I hope that if you didn’t get a chance to see it yet, that you’ll treat yourself to a viewing now!
Get Off Your Acid Already!
And, as promised in the video, I’ve got those recipes right here for you to try out yourselves. You can see just how simple it is to make healthful food filled with flavor that won’t leave you starving as you #GetOffYourAcid!
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 medium cucumbers (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch of favorite greens (kale, spinach, arugula, Swiss chard)
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Garnish with basil, paprika, or cayenne
- Blend at high speed to desired consistency, eat right away or serve chilled.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups filtered water (for quinoa)
- 2 15 oz cans of adzuki beans (I use Eden Organics)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 limes, freshly juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon (heaping) cumin
- 2 Haas avocados, sliced
- 2 Small handful of cilantro, chopped
- Cook quinoa by combining 2 cups of filtered water with 1 cup of quinoa in a pot over high heat. When the water comes to a boil, cover the pot and turn heat down to the lowest setting for 30 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, open the cans of beans, thoroughly rinse and drain, and pour into a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in the onions, lime juice, garlic, and cumin and let avors combine for 10-15 minutes.
- When quinoa is done cooking, put quinoa into individual serving bowls. Top with beans, avocado, and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
- 2 cups almond or coconut or hemp milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 20 drops Medicine Flower Vanilla)
- Blend everything EXCEPT the chia in blender until thoroughly mixed (40-60 seconds).
- Then on lowest variable speed 1, add chia, and blend on low speed for one minute to mix chia. Add into an airtight container, and refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving.
- Optional: Garnish with cinnamon, unsweetened coconut flakes, chocolate shavings, or hemp seeds.
And if you enjoyed this video, you’ll be thrilled to know that we’ll be working together again on another video soon—so stay tuned to your inboxes, social media, and this website for more information—including some discounted offers from Dr. Daryl himself!
I like all the recipies I will try them all.I am glad to learn your new book that translated into Turkish named(Her şey tabakta başlar).I heard from(SEMANINSAĞLIKLIMUTFAĞI)instagram.I’ll get it soon.